When to use Elastomeric Paint on Stucco
Elastomeric paint is a high build coating that is designed to protect masonry surfaces. These coatings help protect your stucco from wind-driven rain and can create a waterproof system if applied correctly. Here are some of the benefits of using a high-quality elastomeric coating from Sherwin-Williams.
Advantages to Elastomeric:
- Superior hide –
- Beautifying - Elastomeric paint can be tinted to and endless spectrum of colours
- Long Lasting - When applied at manufactures specifications Elastomeric paint will outlast most other paints on the market.Unlike most other paints, Elastomeric paint has a extremely high resistance to chipping,cracking and pleeling.
- Waterproofing properties – Elastomeric paint can provide a waterproof system to the home if specifications are followed.
- Protects from wind-driven rain – Strong wind-driven rain can harm paint coatings. Elastomeric paint is designed to withstand this more so than typical house paints.
- Bridges hairline cracks – Often stucco will begin to crack. Elastomeric paint will fill these hairline cracks and prevent cracks from reoccurring on the subsrtate surface .
Painters Direct has completed thousands of projects with the use of elastomeric paints.
If you would like us to come to your house to advise you personally, Contact Douglas E. Prins today.